What are bed stiffeners, and why would you want to install them? The Tacoma bed is made from composite plastic. Really thick and really tough composite plastic, but plastic none the less. Anything load-bearing that goes onto the bed rails will push the signs out and potentially tear the stock bed channels. So think of lumber on a bed rack, an overland rack, a rooftop tent, or a camper shell. All these things will eventually push the sides of your bed out. A great way to make sure that doesn’t happen is to install bed stiffeners. After they’re installed you won’t have to worry about the side of the beds being pushed out and tearing. In addition, you’ll also gain three more strapping points.
- No load ratings are implied.
- 2016 and up Tacoma
- 3/16 mild steel laser cut brackets use existing factory holes. Drilling is required for installation.
- Rear sheet metal channels crack over time. Reinforce factory rear bed channels at the tailgate that are known to tear with added camper shell weight, bed racks and off-road use.
- Includes all grade 8 mounting hardware and install instructions and powder coated brackets.
- 3 eyelet tabs are designed to offer additional cargo strapping points to secure your gear during transit. An additional flat tab is also supplied to both sides to install a Buggy Whip / CB Antenna / Collision or Cargo Light.